Saturday, December 7, 2013

Christmas Ribbon Garland DIY


One of my goals for December was to really get into celebrating Christmas and the holidays because I know that time is going to fly by. I really want to enjoy the holiday season and part of that for me is decorating for the holidays. The thing is I don't own a lot of Christmas decorations. I have a teeny tiny tree packed with ornaments, one string of lights, our stockings, and a wreath. I've done a few holiday crafting projects and I was looking to do more. I came across this felted Christmas Garland on Elise's blog. I didn't have any felt on hand but I did have a lot of Christmas ribbon that my sister had given to me.
The idea is really simple. Cut a ribbon the length you want your garland to be, add loops to the end using knots if you intend to hang it, I did this just in case,set it aside. Then take your remaining ribbon and cut it in smaller pieces (6-8inches) and tie it around the long piece of ribbon. Push pieces closer together and fill the length of your ribbon. 


I like how it turned out and it was a really easy and quick little project although I did run out of ribbon so I may add more in the future. Either way I'd definitely like to make similar garland themed for other holidays!
Reagan

2 comments:

  1. So cute! Basically how I made my wreath, but using ribbon is a great idea :) I think I should make a garland like this with ribbon and fabric strips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it seems really similar :) I definitely like your idea of adding in fabric strips, it would make the garland look a lot more full.

    ReplyDelete