Friday, December 6, 2013

Tales from the Thrift


 I went thrifting recently at my local Goodwill and actually remembered to snap a few photos while I was shopping. If you're not familar with thrifting, it is essentially just buying items secondhand. This is usually done through charity shops, estate sales, antique shops, vintage shops ect. I love thrifting, but it isn't for everyone. The truth is it can be hard to find things that are worthwhile. It can take a lot of searching to find one item. I personally love looking through everything to find the perfect item. I love the sense of satisfaction of the hunt I suppose. When it comes to thrifting clothing it can be a little easier to find items. Many stores donate items to Goodwill or Salvation Army. There have been several times that I've thrifted brand new items from Target with the tags still on them. There is also some awesome vintage clothes and designer brands to be found in resale shops. I even thrifted a Michael Kors top last year.


 On my trip the other day I got really lucky and found a lot of awesome clothes. I usually try to look at both clothing and housewares but on this trip I found so many cute clothes that I didn't bother looking at much else. It's not often that I'm able to find so much stuff that fits so this trip was really exciting. I even had to narrow it down a bit and put a few things back.
 My main focus on this particular trip was looking for a lot of plaid and denim. I wanted dresses, shirts, and skirts as well. I was lucky enough to find a little bit of everything too. :) I'm really happy because I feel like a lot of the clothing pieces I found will work all year round, not just in winter (which is important because we definitely experience more warm weather than cold weather here).
 I can't wait to do more outfit posts soon so I can share some of the items I picked up!


I think it definitely helped that I have been making lists of items that I wanted to add to my wardrobe so I was bit more mindful at what I was look for this trip. It definitely does help to be prepared. There are of course some things that you just can't account for. Sometimes there just isn't a lot of good clothing in stock. That why it is important to check frequently. I do my best to stop in once a week to look around. Some Goodwill Stores and Salvation Army Stores have sales certain days of the week. Check out your local store to find out. The Austin area Goodwill doesn't seem to do such specials which is definitely a bummer but I've heard rumors of such things existing.
  Have you thrifted anything awesome lately? I'd love to see.
Also be sure to check out some of my Thrifting Tips!
-Reagan

No comments:

Post a Comment