Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Everyday Make-Up 03


Last Month I shared my second everyday make-up post and decided I wanted to make it a more regular feature here on the blog. I like make-up and I have a lot of fun trying out new looks and new products. I always love reading make-up blogs but I find a lot of the time the products mentioned are pricier brands that I don't use and so I want to share more of my favorite drugstore brands that are easier on the wallet. Sound good? 

This month I wanted to share a look I'll be sporting a lot this fall, a more natural smokey eye and a deep fall lip shade. This is a classic autumn look but can also be easily adjusted for anytime of year. I tried to keep things pretty simple and use products that are easily available so this look will be super easy to replicate as well.

 I start with my favorite foundation, Covergirl Aquasmooth foundation in ivory. I love this foundation for so many reasons. It has spf 20 and it offers great coverage. With other foundations I've tried I have to use a concealer as well but this foundation covers everything up nicely without an extra product to carry around. (Anytime a product works well, is affordable, and allows me to eliminate an item from my makeup bag I'm sold.) After the foundation I used one of my favorite blushes, Covergirl Cheekers in pretty peach. I love this shade because it looks natural but gives your cheeks that slightly rosy flush. After I apply the blush to my cheek bones I move on to my eyebrows. I prefer Rimmel's eyebrow pencils although since going darker I've started using the dark brown shade instead of my usual light brown. Today I went for a softer natural looking brow so I just filled in and shaped my brows with a light hand. After my eyebrows I used the same Rimmel pencil to outline the outer portion of my lower lash line, and use a Rimmel Scandeleyes pencil in nude for my waterline to open up my eyes. Then I used the Covergirl eyeshadow in mink over my entire upper lid. To create the smoky look I used one of Covergirl's smokyshadowblast eyeshadow sticks in a rusty autumn shade in the outer section of my eyelid and blended it up into the crease as well. I also used Covergirl's eyeshadow in French Vanilla on the inner corners of my eyes and on my brow bone as a highlighter. To finish up my eyes I used Prestige Liquid eyeliner in black to achieve my signature cat-eye and then my favorite mascara, Maybelline's Falsie's BigEyes Mascara in Blackest Black on my upper lashes only, and then curled them and applied another coat (or two). For my lips I used a NYC lipstick in Mahogany, a perfect fall shade. I actually found this lipcolor on someone through pinterest or something and knew I had to try it because that line of NYC lipsticks cost less than a dollar and the lip color looked perfect. I wasn't sure if it looked quite right on me or not ( I'm usually a bit skeptical about darker shades because I think they emphasize a lip scar) but I decided I like it anyway.  So there you have it, a fairly simple autumn inspired make-up look using all drugstore products :)

Let me know if you try this look out I'd love to see. Also feel free to recommend other everyday looks you'd like to see!
-Reagan

No comments:

Post a Comment