Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Everyday Make-Up 02


Back in August I shared my everyday make-up routine and today I wanted to share another variation of easy everyday make-up adjusted a little bit for fall. I try to change up my make-up a little bit every season and in the fall I tend to favor neutral tones and a bit more dramatic eye make-up. Here is one simple variation of a fall make-up look.

 I'm still using my Covergirl Aquasmooth Foundation, it's my favorite that I've repurchased for years. I love the coverage and the formula of the foundation is spot on. For blush I went with my Jordana blush in Touch of Pink, it's a peachy-pink shade that looks almost natural. For my eyebrows I've been using an Essence eyebrow pencil in Taupe, although I'm really looking for a replacement as the formula of the pencil smudges a little bit too easily for eyebrow use. For my eyes I line the bottom with the same eyebrow pencil and smudge it into my lashline a little. On my eyelids I used Revlon's Colorstay eyeshadow in Decadent, primarily the two shades on the right. I used the lighter shade, which is a warm, gold-toned nude, all over my eyelid, up to my browbone, and then added the darker shade, which is a coppery brown shade, to the outer corner of my eye, and blend it up into the crease on my eyelid. I also used an angled brush to blend the darker shade into the eyeliner on my lashline to set it in and make it a little more blended and smoked out. I usually tend to keep things on the natural side but for this look I decided to emphasize my eyes a little bit more, while still using a natural pallet. After the eyeshadow I use a generous amount of Prestige Liquid eyeliner in my usual cat-eye shape. After eyeliner I apply mascara to both my top and bottom lashes. I never used to wear mascara on my bottom lashes because I always had issues controlling the amount of product that winds up on my lashes and it always ended up getting smudged under my eyes or clumping up. That was until I found Maybelline's Falsies Big Eyes mascara with dual wands for both upper and bottom lashes. I was a fan of Maybelline's Falsie's mascara before this but this sold me completely. It's a new favorite, and it is perfect for creating a more dramatic look. After mascara I use my Rimmel nude eyeliner on my waterline to open my eyes and to add a bit more drama. To finish this look I used a Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick a matte nude shade #113. It's an almost natural shade and a matte formula that doesn't dry out which can be hard to find. If you haven't tried a shade from this line I definitely recommend it! 

Anyway that ended up getting longer than I would have liked, but there you have it, a little step by step of what I do to achieve a slightly more dramatic everyday make-up look. I try not to use too many products and everything I use is budget friendly.
As always please let me know about any products you think I would like, I love hearing your suggestions and finding new products to love. Lately I've been looking to try out more natural, organic, and cruelty-free brands so if you know of any I'd love to hear from you.
-Reagan


No comments:

Post a Comment