Thursday, July 31, 2014

Travel Log: Chichen Itza


As promised here are my favorite pictures from our visit to the Mayan Ruins,  Chichen Itza. Chichen Itza is one of the remaining ancient wonders of the world located in the Yucatan. We visited it through a tour group out of progresso, Mexico.


 I can remember seeing pictures of these ruins before so many times but seeing them in person is something entirely different. The detail that went into constructing these structures is amazing. The buildings took up to twenty-six years to complete and many are aligned with the stars. 


 Seeing the Mayan ruins was an incredible experience and I strongly recommend visiting them if you ever have the chance. We were there for around two and a half hours and still didn't get to see everything. I would have liked to see the observatory, but at least now I have an excuse to visit them again :) If you do visit Chichen Itza bring a lot of bottled water, because it's incredibly hot and be prepared for all the venders trying to sell Mayan made souvenirs. We ended up going home with a few souvenirs because we just couldn't resist!
Have you ever visited Chichen Itza? 
-Reagan

1 comment:

  1. Sounds and looks amazing! I have never been to Mexico, but would love to! I'm glad you had such a good time :)

    Also, I just recently decided to visit my blog (oh neglect, haha) and saw where you nominated me for an award months ago! How lovely that you would do that, thank you so so much! Even though my blog is now dormant, haha. Really the only place I post anything is Instagram now, so you can catch me there!

    ReplyDelete