Saturday, July 5, 2014

Flatlay: Modern Americana

I have been wanting to share some flat lays for a while now. If you aren't familiar with the idea of a  flay lay it is just laying out clothing & taking a picture of it. It is an outfit photo without a model. The purpose of taking outfit pictures in this manner should hopefully allow the viewer to better visualize themselves wearing the clothing. 
Taking flay lay photos is a great option for people who don't have a tripod or someone to take their outfit pictures, or if you are traveling, or plain don't have the time for an "outfit shoot". Flat Lay outfit photos are also ideal for Instagram.
 Another great advantage to flay lay outfit pictures is that it allows a lot of creativity, check out my flat lay pinterest board to see how many different ways you can style a flat lay. You can integrate extra props or  keep things minimal, the possibilities are endless.

 I will definitely be sharing more flat lay photos around the blog because they are a lot of fun to make :) They will always be outfits I would actually wear with the usual HN style you've come to expect. 

Shirt - Thrifted 
Hat - Target
Shorts - Thrifted
Belt - Thrifted
Necklace - Old, Target
Loafers - Thrifted

I'd love to hear your thoughts about flay lays and any tips you may have for styling them ;) I'm excited to hopefully post more of these around HN to increase the amount of personal style related content so feedback would be greatly appreciated!
-Reagan

2 comments:

  1. I love your flat lay idea! I really like that you have a theme/inspiration for the outfit.
    I recently started following your blog (I found you through ModCloth) and I've enjoyed reading your posts. I've gotten a lot of fun inspiration from your outfit posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well thank you, i'm excited to start sharing more flat lays. i'm also glad to hear I could provide some outfit inspiration, & thank you for following me! I appreciate your feedback :)

    ReplyDelete