Saturday, June 21, 2014

DIY Earrings


 I have been interesting in making jewelry for a while now but it's one of those things where you just don't know where to begin. I decided to begin by trying to making some fairly simple earrings.


 These were the supplies I ended up purchasing. I didn't end up using them all, but this way I have more supplies for my next jewelry project :) You will also need some needle nose pliers. I strongly recommend getting jewelry pliers because I had a somewhat difficult time using the needle nose pliers I had at home.  The process is simple enough, grab one of the pieces from your earring kit that looks like a push pin, thread on your beads leaving room at the end. Bend the end of the remaining wire to form a small loop at the end, close the loop using the pliers so the beads cannot come off. Pull the loop around the larger size earring hook around toward the front closure. It should rest in a little groove in the wire. That's it.

 Here is how my earrings turned out. This is a really great beginners project for jewelry making if you're interested in giving it a try. The most difficult part of the whole process is just shaping the loop at the end of the wire (& I'm sure there's probably a simple way to do it that I just don't know about).

 I'm really happy with how my earrings came out and am now totally excited to try out all sorts of new jewelry projects. 
Have you ever made jewelry? Tell me any tips you may have!
-Reagan


No comments:

Post a Comment