Thursday, May 29, 2014

DIY Boho Crochet Halter Top

 This project was one I have been wanting to do for awhile now. Pretty much ever since I came across this pin on Pinterest. It seemed simple enough, and so without any diy instructions to go on I decided to make one of my own.

 To make the top I first crochet two granny triangles for the upper portion of the top, and crocheted 7 granny squares for the lower portion. How large your squares are and how many rounds will depend on the size you are making your halter. The one I made is actually on the larger side, but that's okay with me. I attached all the squares and then used a simple chain stitch to join to upper and lower portion of the top. After the basic pieces were joined I went around the entire upper portion of the garment using double crochet stitches and continued this for the neck strap/halter strap portion of the garment. I weaved in any loose ends, and viola! I have my very own boho style crocheted halter top.

This isn't very difficult as far as crochet projects go, and took me a day and a half to make. I don't know what was stopping me from attempting a project like this for so long because it turned out to be a lot more simple than I expected. This makes me want to try to tackle more diy's that I've been too scared to try.
Have you ever crocheted any clothing?
-Reagan

No comments:

Post a Comment