Saturday, May 31, 2014

Crocheted Collar Pt. 2



One of my biggest goals for HN this spring and summer has been to share more clothing diy projects. I've been trying to brainstorm some new projects and while attempting to crochet a headband I made a scalloped collar instead. I have made crocheted collars before, but it's a project I really wanted to revisit and put a new spin on.

This project is actually really simple and took me less than an hour (maybe even less than thirty minutes, it's a super quick project). I simply crocheted a chain to the length I wanted (in this case it was just large enough to fit over my head). Then I joined the chain to form a circle. The next step was to double crochet around the the circle for two rounds. The final step was to crochet around the circle using the shell pattern. That's it! super simple.

 I love how this collar turned out and how quick it was to make. I know I'll be be making some more soon because it's just too easy!
Do you know any cool clothing diy projects I just gotta try?
-Reagan

3 comments:

  1. So cute! I love how the collar brings some color and texture to the outfit.

    I've actually been wanting to make more DIY things too. I'll probably be trying out a coin purse soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never even considered making a coin purse, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing!! What a wonderful diy!

    www.ensembledeux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete