Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Crocheted Collars



I've been crocheting a lot again lately. It always happens when the temperatures start to go down. If you knit or crochet you probably know what I'm talking about. Crochet projects are perfect for those chilly days when you don't feel like getting out of your warm bed. I've used these days as an excuse to try to learn something new. I love the look of peter pan collars and I have come across several diy projects on pinterest that inspired me to try to crochet some pretty collars of my own. I used "The Encyclopedia of Stitchery by Mildred Graves Ryan to teach myself a new stitch and in the process crocheted the top two collars. The bottom photo was my first attempt that you may remember from my outfit post a few days ago. The last one I made is the coral collar in the second photo and it is by far my favorite. I used a lighter weight yarn and a lighter color to allow all the detail to be visible and I'm really happy with how it turned out.
I can't wait to make more and learn more new stitches :)
Whats your favorite chilly weather hobby?
-R

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, I love the second one with the cute pearl button :)
    I really wish I could get the hang of it, my aunt is obsessed with crocheting and she tried to teach me one day. I just couldn't get it! I guess I will have to keep trying.
    I love baking on a rainy day, perf.

    ReplyDelete