Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Chicken Parmesan Meatballs

I have been trying to get better about sharing more dinner recipes with you, as it seems I have developed the habit of sharing only sweets. That isn't really intentional, but I guess I am just more drawn to baking than cooking. So I have been trying to challenge myself to share a few more dinner recipes with you all. This, like many recipes I share here is inspired by this recipe I found on Pinterest. I have altered it slightly by omitting a few of the ingredients, but I'm still really happy with how they turned out. My husband also really loved this recipe so it only seemed natural that it be the first dinner recipe to start of my focus on more dinner friendly recipes.

Begin by preheating your oven to 400 degrees. 

You will need:
1 and 1/4 pounds of ground chicken
1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
1/8 cup chopped onion
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 egg, whisked
3 tablespoons of olive oil
salt and pepper


The assembly is rather straight forward, simply combine all the ingredients in a large bowl.
Once the mixture is combined, shape the meal into balls slightly larger then a golf ball.
Place on a foil lined baking sheet. Drizzle the meatballs with olive oil and a small amount of pasta sauce. Bake for 15 minutes.

After the first 15 minutes is up, remove the meatballs from the oven, cover with additional sauce and sprinkle with cheese. Place them back in the oven on the broil setting for 2-3 more minutes or until cheese is melted.

We enjoyed ours as a dinner with some spaghetti and store bought pasta sauce, but these would be delicious in a sandwich or as an appetizer too!

I know we'll be making these Chicken Parmesan meatballs again soon because we enjoyed them so much. I can't wait to make them again when we have fresh herbs from our garden to incorporate into the recipe!
-Reagan

No comments:

Post a Comment