Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Blackberry Cobbler

I love cobbler. My grandma used to make an amazing cherry cobbler when I was growing up and ever since then I've had a soft spot for it. Recently I decided it was something that couldn't be too hard to make at home myself so I began to check out a few recipes. I came across this blackberry cobbler recipe by the pioneer woman. I decided it was so simple I just had to give it a try.

 To make this delicious blackberry cobbler you will need 1 stick of butter (melted), 1 cup and 1/4 cup of sugar, 1 cup of self-rising flour, 1 cup of milk, 2 cups of blackberry.
 Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.

 Begin by combining the flour and one cup of sugar in a large mixing bowl. Next stir in your milk, and then the melted butter. When combined, pour the mixture into a greased baking dish. Sprinkle the blackberries (rinsed and dried) into the mixture. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar over the cobbler and berries.
Bake the cobbler for 55 to 60 minutes.

 I was so happy with how this came out and I'm definitely looking forward to making it again soon. I'm thinking I may have to try peach cobbler next time.
-Reagan


2 comments:

  1. Her recipe is one of my favorites! This looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this recipe is one of my favorites now too. so simple, and so delicious. doesn't get much better than that.

    ReplyDelete