Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Meet My Pets

 So I realized recently that I refer to my pets pretty often and I don't know that I've ever really introduced them properly. I have both a dog and a cat. People wonder all the time how they get along, and the truth is they pretty much really like each other. If anything our cat, Murray bosses our dog, Zane around. They snuggle with each other, and even share a water bowl. They act like brothers for the most part.

 This is Zane. He is a rescue from a San Antonio pet shelter. My husband got him in January of 2009. He is a mixed breed identified by the shelter as staffordshire terrier mix. He has a brindle coat with white markings on his paws and in a arrowhead shape on his chest. This guy is a gentle giant. He is my teddy bear. His favorite things are ice, his stuffed Mickey Mouse, and playing fetch.

 He loves being around people and playing in backyards when we visit family. He still thinks he fits in my lap, and is a little camera shy. :)

 I honestly never liked dogs until I moved in with Anthony and met Zane. This guy has so much personality and is just so cute and sweet. He won me over pretty quickly. 
Having Zane has also proved to me that adopting a dog from a shelter is the only way to go. If we ever get another dog it will definitely be a rescue as well.

 This, of course, is Murray. He is a short haired orange and white tabby. He is approximately a year old. I had tried to convince my husband to get us a cat for a really long time. He had pretty much made up his mind that a cat wasn't for him. He didn't want to deal with a cat that sprayed and then of course we couldn't guarantee that Zane could co-exist with a cat happily.

 Then one day he told me that one of his coworkers had a cat that had just had a kittens. I had always wanted an orange cat so we asked if there was an orange kitten and we were given Murray a few days later.
 He is one feisty cat. He loves playing with Zane and trying to hunt him as well. He enjoys sitting on the window sill and meowing at any bugs or birds he sees. He also loves ice.
He's really good at fall asleep is strange positions.

I spend a lot of my time with these two and since I talk about them here frequently I figured I need to fill you all in on my terrible two ;)
Thanks for indulging this proud pet parent!
-Reagan

2 comments:

  1. Aw they are adorable! It's nice to "meet" them :)

    I love cats and dogs, and really any animal for that matter! I've grown up with many dogs, cats, guinea pigs, fish, lizards, rabbits, and even chickens. I wish I had a furry pet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that's a lot of unique pets! I'd love to have chickens some day!

    ReplyDelete