Thursday, November 21, 2013

Some Easy DIY Art

 So you all know I have fun painting from time to time and I wanted to try to try something a little different with my paintings. Lately I have been trying to simplify things and I was inspired to make some new artwork for my home.
I decided to do two different paintings to hang in my room. The first is the number 8 painting. The "8" is for September 8th, me and Anthony's anniversary. The concept is super simple. You paint the meaningful number and paint the background a contrasting color, done. I added the (crooked) black like to resemble some stencils I have and to add a little more character since the painting is so simple on it's own.


 The second painting is just simple lyric art. I chose, "Don't Worry, Be Happy", I think seeing this phrase on my wall everyday is a great reminder to have around.  I painted a large black circle in the middle of my canvas and then used a paint marker to write the words out once the black paint had dried. Give the paint marker a few minutes to dry off and then add thickness to the letters using a small paintbrush (or your paint marker if you prefer). Use any fun lyrics you like.


This would be a great project to do with kids as well. 
I hope this inspires you to try some easy art for you own home.
If you do please share :)
-Reagan

No comments:

Post a Comment