Saturday, November 2, 2013

Grungy Girl

 Something about this vintage daisy print dress just makes me think of grunge. It was probably the first dress I ever thrifted, and is still a favorite find. It is a bit short, but it works alright with these black opaque tights from target or leggings for when I need to be warmer.

 I've also tried to make it a goal to simply my wardrobe and this outfit showcases some of my very favorite basic pieces. I've been wearing these suede ankle boots from Target constantly since the beginning of fall. I got this denim shirt from Walmart a few years ago and it is also a great basic for layering during colder months. I really loved how it looked under this black leather jacket which is also from Target.


I also consider my brown wide brim fedora from Target a basic piece. They may seem super trendy this fall but hats are really great classic pieces that can even keep you warm in the upcoming winter months. I've been keeping my eye on a few Moorea Seal Hats to add to my hat collection.
How do you feel about hats?

 I still need to add a few more basic essentials into my wardrobe but it's been fun to challenge myself to use the basics I have in a new way.

What are some of your favorite basic pieces?

Also, my Grandma gave me this lipstick the night we went to Painting With a Twist. I found it in my purse and decided to wear it and I love it :) It's the perfect bright poppy red. 
Until Next Time,
-Reagan

No comments:

Post a Comment