Friday, November 29, 2013

Fall 2013 Lipstick Favorites

 So I've been wanting to share a few of my favorite lipsticks since I wrote about some of my favorite face makeup products and also my favorite eye make up products earlier this month. I was never a huge lipstick person until around two years ago. I just had such a difficult time finding the right brand and the right colors that worked for me. I also have a small scar on the the right side of my bottom lip and it has also made me a little weary of if I should wear lipstick or not. No one wants to draw attention to a facial scar. I guess at some point I just got over it. I really wanted to be able to wear red lipstick when I wanted and eventually I branched out.
Now I know that is probably too much background information but I just wanted to make a point at how particular I am about the lipsticks I favorite. I'm not a fan of anything with shimmer or sheen. I prefer creme and matte formulas. These five lipsticks are my current favorites (and all but one of them are drugstore brands!)

 1.Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick #101
This is a light colored, blue toned pink. It has a creamy but matte finish. A perfect everyday lipstick.
Rimmel's Matte lipsticks replaced Revlon's Mattes as my favorite matte lipsticks. This formula is not as drying which is important this time of year :)

 2.NYX Extreme Lip Creme in Nude Peach Fuzz
This is sort of more of a lipgloss type application but the coverage is more like a lipstick. The color is a light nude peach. This is another great everyday color.

 3. Revlon Matte lipstick in Smoked Peach
Although I like Rimmel's Matte lipstick more than Revlon's I can't disagree that Revlon has a better color variety. I loved this shade instantly. It is definitely a more deep peach color than I'm used to and doesn't have too much pink in it which is usually the case with peach lipsticks.

4. Avon Lipstick in Poppy Love
This lipstick was actually given to me by my grandma. It is just as the name says, a bright poppy red. The formula is creamy and smooth. This is definitely a yellow toned red and I've been preferring it to my previous favorite red shade which is more of a blue toned red. I know I will still be wearing this all throughout winter.

5. Revlon Creme Lipstick in Sultry Sable
This is sort of my wildcard shade. I've been on the hunt for a darker colored lipstick and haven't found quite what I'm looking for yet. This is the closest I've come to liking a shade. This is a dark vampy shade. The formula is creamy so it's easy to layer to achieve a darker finish. I really loved how this lip color contrasted with my lighter hair before I dyed it but with my darker hair I'm worried it's coming off a little bit goth. Either way it's a fun shade to throw into the mix every once in a while.

Anyway I hope you enjoyed reading a little more about my favorite lipsticks. It's fun to compare all them together and see that I'm definitely more a fan of nude and pink shades. I'd like to share more make up favorites soon. If there's anything you're interested in knowing more about just let me know. I've been thinking about sharing a few liquid eyeliners I've tried. Any thoughts?
Are you a fan of lipsticks?
Until Next Time,
-Reagan

No comments:

Post a Comment