Wednesday, September 25, 2013

The Red Dress

I have never really been a red person. I'm not sure why that is. I've just always been drawn more towards cooler colors and somewhere along the lines I convinced myself that red was just not my color. This dress is actually really beautiful. My mom bought it for me a couple years ago to wear on Christmas Eve. So due to the fact that I'd convinced myself I wasn't a red person this dress usually only gets worn around the Christmas holidays.

I wanted to show myself that I can, A.) pull off red and B.) wear this dress more often that just in December. And I surprised myself by really liking this outfit after it was all said and done.



Anyway onto the outfit details, This dress was from Ross a couple of years ago. The necklace was a present from my grandma. The cardigan was from Target. The belt is thrifted. The shoes were from Old Navy a couple of years ago.


Funny thing is I kept thinking about how perfect this would be for a Christmas get together. 
What are some ways you wear red?
-Reagan

2 comments:

  1. Ok, red is definitely a great color on you, and I love how you tone it down with the neutral cardigan. I have a pair of dark red skinny jeans that I LOVE and haven't worn them all summer. Somehow I think red is a fall/winter color! But the weather is starting to get chilly and now is the time to get them out. did I tell you how great your hair looks?? because it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree with you about red being better for the fall and winter months. & i've been wanting some skinny jeans like that for a while! I'm jealous! :) & really thank you for the hair compliment. My hair has been doing it's own thing lately and it's been making it really hard not to cut it. so i do appreciate it ;)

    ReplyDelete