Sunday, July 28, 2013

Tortellini Pasta Salad


 Pasta is kind of my thing. It was one of the first things I learned how to cook. I got lucky that I ended up married to a man who loves to eat pasta. Thing is, when you live in Texas and summer temperatures get up too 100+ degrees you can't eat hot pasta. It's just too hot, ya know?
enter in pasta salad.
pasta salad is a great summer time side dish. 
plus it has olives in it, and I love olives.
As always this is my own take of a recipe I found on pinterest, you can find the original pin/recipe here.


 Think of this as pasta salad meets pizza meets tortellini.
still not sold? frozen tortellini is done cooking in about 3 minutes making this a super easy and quick meal any night of the week.


in order to make this pizza tortellini pasta salad you will need 1 20 oz package of frozen tortellini (cook according to package instructions & rinse with cold water to both stop the cooking process and to cool the pasta.)

 1 can of small or medium pitted black olives (drained). 1 Roma tomato, diced. 2 cloves of garlic, minced. 1/8 cup diced red or white onion. Pepperoni slices (however many you want), sliced in half. Approximately 1/2 cup Caesar salad dressing (I used Kraft). I also added in a handful of crumbled mozzarella cheese and seasoned it with Italian herbs & of course, some salt and pepper. Once all the ingredients are combined refrigerate pasta until cold (or ready to serve).


Right before serving add in your croutons (store bought or homemade, whatever you like). I also added a little bit of feta cheese to mine as well. This pasta salad is pretty loaded, and therefore can act as a main dish if you need it to, otherwise it makes for a damn good side dish.

Do you like pasta salad? What are you favorite pasta flavor combinations?
-Reagan


No comments:

Post a Comment