Monday, February 18, 2013

Creating

I didn't want to make official goals for the new year beginning in January 2013, I'm not good with goals. But I did tell myself that in 2013 I wanted to create more. I want to make more things with my own two hands. There's nothing like the satisfaction you get from making something yourself. This is something that is very easy to carry out in so many ways. In the past I've achieved this through planting an herb garden, crocheting a blanket, trying out new recipes in the kitchen, and even painting. So beginning in this year I made an unofficial goal of making more things and one of my first projects was redoing a granny square pillow I had done in a black and white color scheme. Here are my results:

The pillow is pretty small, made of one granny square with the four corners folded over and crocheted together to create the other side of the pillow. (the other pillow pictured is from target's shabby chic collection).
I've already begun so many other projects that I'm planning to share here in the future. 2013 has already been a very creative year for me and I'm excited for whats to come! -R

No comments:

Post a Comment