Thursday, March 19, 2015

Washi Tape Wall Art


 It's been a while since I shared any of my projects and I'm going to blame that on the fact that I suffer from a lack of inspiration this time of year and also because I recently went back to work after a leave of absence. Anyway, I've been trying to figure out some simple projects using washi tape because I need an excuse to keep buying it ;) This project is so simple I didn't think it was necessary to take pictures of the step by step process, but I'll discuss the steps here so you get a better idea just in case.


 I decided to make an "A" for my last name, Avery, since the uppercase "A" is easy to make with straight lines (although if the letter you want to make is a little curvy just make it in the shape of block letters similar to alarm clock style numbers). The simplest way to make your letter is to make the shadow first (I did this the hard way but this way is much easier!). Make your shadow letter slightly off center and then make your actual letter on top of it, slightly to left and a little bit higher than your shadow letter. Add the extra little shadow tape to the bottom of your letter, and you're done! This is a great project to use up some of your washi tape and it take just minutes to make.


This project is also awesome because it's super customizable. You can make it in any colors you'd like and you could even write out a favorite word, phrase, or a lucky number! I love having a diverse collection of art and this graphic "A" is the perfect addition to my gallery wall (it's still a work in progress).

"I Like Boring Things" Print: A Beautiful Mess // Cat Art: Bought from an Artist in New Orleans // Polaroid: Taken by me // Ship and Butterfly Art: Thrifted // 8 is a stencil from Walmart // Weaving: Handmade by me

What are some of your favorite washi tape projects?
-Reagan

No comments:

Post a Comment