Monday, January 5, 2015

Wet n' Wild Fergie Lipstain

As a Christmas present this year my Husband's Aunt, or my Aunt-in-Law(?) gave me this Wet n' Wild Fergie Lipstain set (Thanks Nadine!). I am a HUGE lipstain fan (I wore lipstain on my wedding day). I've written before about how I had an incident growing up that left me with a scar on the right side of my bottom lip. I was always pretty self-conscious about it and so emphasizing it with bright lipstick was the last thing I wanted to do. At some point in my early twenties I figured I didn't care anymore, I didn't want to let it stop me. I started trying out new lipsticks, lipstains, and any bright lip product I could get my hands on. After sampling several lipsticks, lip glosses, and lipstains I discovered that I am not a fan of lip gloss. Although I own my fair share of lipsticks, lipstains are by far my favorite. Liptstains are exactly what their name suggest, lip colors that stain your lips. Most lip stains are matte colors that tint your lips and barely come off. These Wet n' Wild Fergie lipstains are sort of a hybrid between lipstains and lip glosses. The color stains your lips while the texture is almost that of a gloss. Below are pictures of me wearing all three lipstain shades.

 The above pictured lipstain is "Legendary Face" (A305). This particular shade, while not what most consider a nude, is rather similar to my natural lip shade. The above photo shows the shade blotted, but it actually has much more of a sheen. I definitely see this as more of a everyday lipstain color.

The second shade is more of a hot pink. This lipstain is called "Ball in Viena" (A307). This color is not one I would have selected on my own, but I'm glad to have it in my arsenal. The color is very Emma Stone, perfect for a flirty look or a night out. 
The third color is a red lipstain, on the warm side, but definitely a color I would have selected on my own. The red is shade is called "Vouging Madness" (A301). I'm a huge fan of red lip color and this red lipstain is a new favorite. While I'm not really fond on the sheen of these lipstains, I love the look of the red stain after it's been blotted. You will definitely see it featured in outfit posts.


 If you've never tried lipstains before I recommend picking up this three pack from Wet n' wild. It has the only three lip colors you'll ever need, and because it's a lipstain it's longlasting too!
-Reagan



No comments:

Post a Comment