Monday, June 2, 2014

Raspberry Melon Mojito

 I decided recently that the mojito is going to be my drink this summer. They are so refreshing, and not way sweet which I find a lot of cocktails to be. I wanted to try to make one at home but of course put my own little spin on it, so I'm going to share how to make a raspberry melon mojito.

 To make one of my raspberry melon mojitos you will need:
2-3 oz of melon flavored (or white) rum
the juice from one lime
Italian sparkling water
5 mint leaves
raspberry simple syrup (you can make this by combining 1 cup of raspberries and 3 tablespoons of sugar over medium heat in a sauce pan, stir continuously until mixture reaches syrup like consistency. you can strain it if you want, allow to cool.)

 begin by muddling mint leaves in the bottom of your glass, add ice cubes, then your rum. Fill the remainder of your glass with the Italian Sparkling Water. Add in the juice of one lime and raspberry syrup to taste.

 Garnish with mint and a slice of lime & enjoy!

Please let me know if you decide to try this or if you have any favorite summer drinks I just have to try. I'd love to hear some recommendations!
-Reagan

No comments:

Post a Comment