Friday, March 14, 2014

Little bits of home pt. 2

 So truth be told I've been a bit reluctant to share pictures of my home here for a few different reasons. One of the main reasons is because it's always felt like it wasn't ready or good enough. It's really easy to look at other people's homes on pinterest or on their blogs and compare them to your own.

 My living room isn't really planned in anyway, a lot of the furniture is handed down, inexpensive things we've added over the years, and a whole lot of thrifted items. I've always felt that it was sort of a modge podge of items and nothing really went together. Over time we've learned to embrace the eclectic look and have added a few items to make things feel somewhat cohesive.

 I'm pretty happy with how we have things right now but this living room is the result of a lot of work. I've been on a spring cleaning fling right now and my goal with every room in our apartment has been to clean out, and simplify. I've been getting rid of a lot of things that we've been holding on to, and it's felt really good to get rid of all the excess junk.

 
 Right now I have been trying to embrace mismatched bohemian patterns, fun textures, and natural elements. I'm hoping to add some indoor plants soon, but overall I'm happy with the direction our home decor is taking. Simplifying things really made things feel more open and bright.
I love spring cleaning and organizing, can you tell? I've already reorganized my closet, a coat closet, and the kitchen cabinets and I'm not even sure it's really spring yet.
 
Anyway, thanks for letting me share a few bits of my living room and the decoration/simplifying progress I've been making. I really love home decor (it's something I got from my mom) and I'm constantly rearranging things and pinning inspiration so it's been fun to share a little bit of my own living room even if it's still a work in progress.
-Reagan

No comments:

Post a Comment