Sunday, January 12, 2014

Skin Care Favorites

So it's been a few months since I've shared any beauty product favorites. This time around I've decided to share just a few of my skincare favorites. I don't like to have too many steps involved in my routine because the more things I add in the less likely I am to do them all. Plus it keeps the cost of my skincare system down, and my skin hasn't seemed to suffer at all. That's your classic win-win, right? 

 I've used A LOT of different cleansers and scrubs over the years and this is my favorite cleanser that also exfoliates. I have naturally dry skin and most cleansers dry it out even worse. Neutrogena's Pore Refining Exfoliating Cleanser has tiny exfoliate beads that really work deep into your skin, without that feeling that you're rubbing sand all over your face. It doesn't really have much of a scent to it and most of all, it doesn't completely dry out my face. I do like to switch things up but this will definitely be something I repurchase in the future.

 Queen Helene's Mint Julep Masque is a recent drugstore find. This isn't something that I use daily, more like once a week. As you can see on the packaging, it, "helps dry up acne pimples, rinse away blackheads & shrink enlarged pores". I don't generally experience acne problems, only the occasional zit here or there so I can't attest to it's effectiveness to fighting acne. I can, however, confirm that this is a great product to have on hand if you're trying to keep blackheads under control and also minimize the look of pores. It also smells and feels really refreshing.

 
 This is the last step in my skincare routine. St. Ive's Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Moisturizer is my favorite moisturizer by far. As I said, I have naturally dry skin so I have tried a LOT of moisturizers and few have been able to impress me. This moisturizer is really rich and creamy and it actually quenches my dry skin. Plus it also fights the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, which to me is just an added perk. This is another inexpensive drugstore product that is well worth the price. 

And that's it. Pretty simple skincare routine, but it works for me. I like to try new items and change up my routine every now and then, so any recommendations are definitely welcome. I'd love to hear about some of your favorite skincare products as well!

Have you tried any of these products before? 
-Reagan
 

No comments:

Post a Comment