Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Snickerdoodle Cookies


I love snickerdoodles, I mean there are few things better than cinnamon and sugar together.
I decided to get us in the Christmas spirit by whipping up these delicious cookies, and they definitely hit the spot. I decided to share the recipe here with you all in case you were looking for another Christmas cookie recipe to have on hand that it sure to please everyone.


Nigella Lawson's Snickerdoodle Recipe
(originial recipe) 

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F

1 2/3 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg (I omitted this because I didn't have any and they turned out just fine)
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
1/3 cup and 2 tbsp sugar for dusting
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp cinnamon for dusting
2 baking sheets, lined with parchment or greased

In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Set aside for later.
In an second large mixing bowl combine the butter and the 1/3 cup of sugar until mixed thoroughly. Then add the egg and vanilla, cream them together.
Next add you dry ingredient into your wet ingredients.

Form your cookies into walnut size balls and dust with a cinnamon sugar mixture. 
create hashmarks with a fork if you like, and bake for 10 minutes, the original recipe said 15 minutes but I set my timer for 10 minutes and they turned out perfect.



If you decide to try out this recipe for some of your Christmas cookies this year let me know what you think!
-Reagan

No comments:

Post a Comment