Thursday, November 14, 2013

Thrifty Thursday: Practically

 Hello Friends! It's been awhile since I've done a proper Thrifty Thursday post and I wanted to share with you a few items I was excited to find while thrifting a few weeks ago. Lately when thrifting I have been trying to only by practical items that I can use for more than just decorating. In the past I've picked up items just because I like them, but that makes for a cluttered space. 
I've made it another goal of mine before 2014 to declutter and simplify my home and my closet. One of the ways I hope to achieve this it by being much wiser about any new thrifting purchases. 

The chalkboard was something I was instantly excited for. I've been wanting to try painting something with chalkboard paint but I haven't completely won Anthony over yet. This was a great way to get the look I wanted and keep my husband happy too :)


 I've been on the look out for good baskets while thrifting and this one closely matched some I already own. It was only $1.99 and I'm glad I picked it up. It was the perfect way to organize cloth napkins and dishtowels in my kitchen. I love organizing!



 I also made an attempt to document this trip but left with only these two snap shots. This is a pretty good representation of the kind of stuff you have to look through while thrifting. There is a whole lot of junk in there but every now and then you'll find and item that you connect with and it's always completely affordable. I love searching through things anyway because you really feel accomplished in the end when you go home with something good. 

I also got a new shirt during this trip that you'll be seeing at some point in an outfit post. hurrah!
Check out my last thrifting scores here!
Until Next Time, 
-Reagan


No comments:

Post a Comment