Thursday, November 7, 2013

Classic Monkey Bread


 Monkey Bread was something I never knew existed until I married my husband. We had already known each for several years but it was the first Christmas I spent as part of his family that I was introduced to Monkey Bread which is a somewhat recent holiday tradition for them. Let me tell you this is one delicious desert. It is a great alternative to pies or cookies and is really perfect as party food because it is pull apart. Just serve with tooth picks for easy eating. :)

You can find the original Pillsbury Monkey Bread Recipe Here. I've altered it just a little bit.

1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
2 Cans (16.3 oz/ each) Homestyle Buttermilk Biscuits
1/2 Cup Chopped Pecans
1 Cup Firmly Packed Brown Sugar
3/4 Cup Butter or Maragrine



First things first, preheat the  oven to 350 degrees. Next grease your Tube/Bundt pan. Then mix the cinnamon and sugar in a large ziploc type bag. Separate dough into sixteen biscuits, then cut those biscuits into quarters. 



Place pieces in the ziploc bag and shake to coat in your cinnamon-sugar mix. Arrange in pan and add your pecan pieces as you go, leaving a small amount. Set aside.
 In a medium size bowl combine your brown sugar with melted butter. Pour your brown sugar/ butter mixture over your sugar-cinnamon coated biscuit pieces. 



Top with remaining pecan pieces. 
Bake 28 to 32 minutes or until golden brown.
Allow to cool for ten minutes.
Turn upside down on serving plate.
Pull apart and enjoy!


This is part of my ploy to make the holidays last twice as long. I'm thinking we start working on some of our Thanksgiving dishes next. :)
Until Next Time,
-Reagan

No comments:

Post a Comment