Friday, October 11, 2013

Oxblood + more Fall Florals


 I bought this dress last year off a Target Clearance rack because I was drawn the the floral print that was very fall friendly. The flowers are made up of pink, orange, yellow, and navy blue on an oxblood backdrop. Can't get much more fall than that. Anyway after I got the dress home I realized a few things. Number one is that a spaghetti strap dress in not very fall friendly, and number two, I had very little to pair with this dress because I don't have a lot of pink, yellow or navy blue in my closet. I tried wearing my favorite orange cardigan or orange sweater with it but it just came off as too much color for my taste.

I really wanted to find a new way to style this dress ( you can see my first outfit post in this dress here), but I wanted to keep things a little bit simple, and as always comfortable.

I ended up doing a mostly monochromatic look by pairing this dress with an oxblood dolman sweater from forever21. The belt is from a different dress and the suede booties are from Target.


 This is my first attempt at doing a monochromatic outfit and I think I'm happy with this pairing. I'm still trying to figure out new ways to wear this dress in the upcoming weeks. 
How do you wear your summer dresses in fall?


Until Next Time,
-Reagan

1 comment: