Thursday, August 1, 2013

Tie Dye


 I like tie dye. I have for as long as I can remember. This shirt in particular caught my eye for that reason, but really it's more of a marbled pattern. Either way I liked the colors in the shirt and as it would turn out the shirt is from the Vera Wang line from Khols (which is why I love thrifting). When I got into my closet and began trying to see how I could wear it I've come up a little perplexed. It's hard to pair things with tie dye without it seeming like there's too much going on.

 So I decided to go with one of my favorite black maxi skirts (that is drapey and almost tulip shaped). This skirt has been a huge staple in my wardrobe this summer. It is so comfortable and it goes with everything. You just can't go wrong pairing something a little wild with a neutral like black.

 I wanted to keep jewelry simple, but I like necklaces that make a statement. I think this spiked silver necklace my grandma gave me for Christmas last year worked perfectly!

I finished the outfit off with some flats I bought from Old Navy several years ago. They have that same chartreuse color that's in the shirt (I'm always drawn to anything chartreuse for some reason). They're a bit tattered and have seen better days, but I love them so. 
It's funny that I wasn't sure what to wear with this shirt because I ended up really loving this outfit. So comfy and it just felt very me. Another great thrifting find to add to my closet and I'm one happy girl. :)
-Reagan

No comments:

Post a Comment