Friday, August 2, 2013

Self Portrait Challenge: halfway point

I decided to try to partake in the ABM Self Portrait Challenge that is for 30 self portraits. I wanted to do this as a photography challenge because I have always had an interest in photography. Challenges like this are a great way to test your skills because your subject is always the same :) Finding creative ways to take pictures of yourself is a fun way to experiment with how you take pictures.  I think doing challenges like this seem a little intimidating a first, especially if you don't have a good camera which I don't, I am using only the camera on my iphone. Don't let photography challenges intimidate you, this would be a fun project to also share on instagram like Elsie and Emma are doing (i think the hashtag is #abeautifulmess). Anyway, here is my progress with this challenge so far. 






 

So far I'm enjoying this challenge and want to try more photography challenges in the future. I can definitely say taking self portraits is more challenging than I thought it would be, but it's been a really fun project so far. 
Have you ever taken part of a photography challenge?
-Reagan

No comments:

Post a Comment