Thursday, June 6, 2013

What I'm Loving Now: Make Up Edition (5things)

Last month I published This post about a few products that I liked for a different take on the "5 Things" posts I usually do. I Had a lot of fun talking about some of my favorite products with you so I decided to come back with another post to test the waters of introducing posts like this as a new feature for HN. So let me know if this is something you'd enjoy reading about more :)


  1. Wet N' Wild Blush in Heather Silk (832E) and Pearlescent Pink (831E). These two are my go to blushes. The brand is really inexpensive and the blush is still pigmented and long lasting. I usually go back and forth between using these two in my daily make up routine as blush and also sometimes as eye shadow.


 2.Covergirl Outlast Stay Brilliant nail polish in Coral Silk (240). I chose this nail polish because I wanted a peachy nail polish that was both pink but orange-y as well. Honestly this polish looks more orange in most lights but it still is obviously peach. Just not enough pink in it as i would have liked. It's still my favorite nail polish color right now.

 3. Maybelline Falsies Volum' Express Mascara in Blackest Black. 
Mascara is one of my make up necessities and I'm always searching for a product that gives both volume and length. This is one of the few mascaras that meets both those needs. If I use my eye lash curler it really gives the full look of false lashes without the glue. so worth it.


 4. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Matte Smoked Peach (013). I am pretty picky when it comes to lipsticks. I've always been a fan of matte lipsticks but often times the formulas are cakey and the end product is just... not good. Revlon's matte lipsticks are some of my favorites. I own quite a few and this particular color is perfect for summer. It is the perfect combination of a coral and a nude. I've been wearing it constantly since the weather warmed up.


5. Milani Brow Fix Brow Kit. I picked this up on a whim while browsing the make up section at the store because it was on sale and I've been trying to regrow my eyebrows for a while and really needed a powder filler for my brows in the meantime. This stuff is a lifesaver. I use it both with and without eyebrow pencil depending on my mood. It comes with two brow colors and a highlighter as well as brushes and tweezers. I usually use the lighter shade for more realistic brows and the darker shade for more dramatic make up. It's been in my daily make up line up since i brought it home.

No comments:

Post a Comment