Friday, April 5, 2013

5 Things: Clever Patio Garden Solutions

If you live in an apartment and enjoy gardening you've probably become familiar with container gardening. There are only a few easy options for those of us without a backyard. There are regular pots, hanging baskets, and planters. Again, if you're familiar with container gardening then you also probably know that pottery is freaking expensive, and the larger the pot you need, the larger the price tag. I don't know about you but I'd much rather spend my extra money on pretty succulents or an heirloom tomato plant than dropping it all on a one pot. I have a natural inclination to look at something and try to think of a way to make it myself if at all possible. If I'm short on ideas I check out my favorite blogs and of course I check out pinterest. I love utilizing pinterest when brainstorming because there's so many creative DIY's all in one spot. The challenge is always to put your own spin on things.

Here are a few of my favorite container gardening solutions I found on Pinterest.

The Inspired Room brings you this idea for tea cup gardening. I love this because it combines two things I love. Thrifted Vintage teacups and gardening. Need I say more?

(1st photo: Remodelista, 2nd photo: found via pinterest)
This container garden solution would be both cheap and easy. Plus you can paint any design or colors to really customize this to your own personal style!

LuisaBrimble shares another inexpensive alternative to pottery.

PopSugar shows how an old soda (or wine) crate can make a nifty planter box.

Another favorite idea I've seen all over pinterest and the blogging world is reusing old pallets to create planters. There are so many creative alternatives to pottery! I'm thinking of trying the cinder-block DIY planter for my own container garden.
How do you get creative with your garden?
-Reagan

No comments:

Post a Comment