Monday, November 5, 2012

Crochet Update

 I haven't shared any crochet projects in a while and that's because I haven't had the time to crochet so this past week on my day off i decided to pick up an old project I had started around this time last year. I crocheted granny squares with four rounds. So far there are 55 squares as the blanket is 5 by 11 squares at the moment. I had debated whether or not to have a specific color scheme but i decided against it so instead the blanket is more of a scrap busting blanket. The squares were paired together mostly at random.
I haven't decided how large to make it, but that's the nice thing about this kind of blanket. I can just add and add. I had previously only worked on granny square blankets made of one large granny square. This blanket has required a lot more planning and crocheting than any previous crochet work I've done. So far I'm very happy with how it is turning out!
I've run out of white yarn at the moment so until I restock I might have to crochet some beanies or pot holders ;)
-R


No comments:

Post a Comment