Saturday, December 6, 2014

Reese's Cookies


A few weeks ago I got together with my sister to do a little bit of baking. She wanted to try out this Reese's Cookie Recipe before making a big batch for an upcoming cookie exchange, & of course, wanted to help. I'll save you the suspense and admit that they turned out really good (why else would I be sharing it right?). I figured that maybe someone else might need a good cookie recipe for the upcoming holiday season so I'm going to share it here for you :)

You will need:
Reese's minis (we used the smaller unwrapped reese's and some kisses and hugs too!)
1/2 cup of softened butter 
1/2 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of light brown sugar
1/2 cup of peanut butter
1 egg
1/2 tsp of vanilla
1 and 1/2 cup of flour
3/4 tsp of baking soda
1/2 tsp of salt

Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.

 

First, combine all the wet ingredients (butter, sugar, light brown sugar, peanut butter, egg, & vanilla) into a large mixing bowl.
Next, Combine your dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, & salt) into a medium mixing bowl.
Slowly add your dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, a little bit at a time, while mixing (I mixed by hand but feel free to use your mixer).


The recipe says to make one inch balls for your cookies - we formed our by using a table spoon to scoop the dough and then rolled them into balls. We used a small cupcake tin (coated with cooking spray) for half of the cookies and a regular cookie sheet lined with parchment paper for the other half.
Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.


Once you take your cookies out of the oven you have to act fast. Press your mini reese's (or kiss or hug) into the center of your cookie and allow to cool. 


This recipe made a pretty generous amount so it's perfect for sharing during the holiday season.
I should note that for some reason the hugs do melt a lot more than the kisses and therefore don't keep their shape very well. They still taste good though ;)
Definitely give this cookie recipe a try if you're looking for something new to bake!
-Reagan

2 comments:

  1. Hey Reagan, I really like all the recipes you have on here! I'll have to try them out myself! P.S. Sorry it took me so long to comment! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry that I didn't see this sooner :( I hope you do try out some of these recipes because they're soo good! Especially these Reese's Cookies :)

      Delete