Friday, February 7, 2014

Winter Essentials

 So I have to admit that since I've lived in Texas my whole life my version of winter is pretty different from what most people consider winter. Texas usually has pretty mild winters. My closet reflects this. Most of my wardrobe is a bit more warm weather friendly and it has been a fun challenge to make things transition into fall, and now into this freezing winter weather. I've been able to this achieve by adding in some great cold weather essentials.

 You may have noticed that I've been wearing these black ankle boots from JCP constantly. They have definitely been my go to shoes this winter. I've also been wearing this geometric print shawl cardigan around my apartment a lot too because it's so cozy!

My favorite cold weather accessory has been this hat from Target. I probably wear it too often. It made me fall in love with all sorts of hats. Now I want more wide brim hats and a bowler hat too!

 I also finally thrifted a woven black belt just like my favorite cognac thrifted belt, so I have no doubt you'll be seeing a lot more of it. I'm all about matching. ;)

 I also thrifted this great little green dress. It's so cute, and just perfect. It has a modest necklane, a great waist, and pockets! I'd been searching for a green dress and was so happy when I found this one. Love at first sight! I seriously can't wait till it warms up so I can wear it without tights and with some cute sandals.
 I may have figured out how to dress for cold weather, but I'm still dreaming of spring!
-Reagan


No comments:

Post a Comment