Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Haircare Fall Favorites


Since I began trying to grow out my hair I've tried numerous types of haircare products to help make my hair healthy and to also stop breakage. I have dyed my hair so many times in my life resulting in both frizzy and damaged hair. It's not really a good idea to begin growing out your hair with you have split ends but I didn't want to lose the length I already had. I began trying different haircare products to combat the damage that I had already done. If you've ever over dyed your hair you probably already know that there are hundreds of drugstore products that promise to "undo up to six months of damage" with less that satisfactory results. I've been there. Having over bleached my hair there isn't much to do. I began trying to restore my hair's health by trimming my split ends. It wasn't something I had wanted to do so I tend to trim my ends just every few months. I don't get haircuts. This step really really helped. I had to sacrifice some length but ultimately it is worth it because it ensures less breakage that would result in shorter hair anyway. This step also makes your hair look a lot better. Split ends are a huge part of what makes my hair frizzy instead of shiny and smooth. Products like Nexxus Promend Leave-in Treatment Creme, Garnier Fructis Shine Glossing Spray as well as Chi Silk Infusion have been my go to products for taming my split ends and frizz. The glossing spray and silk infusion help my hair look and feel better while the Nexxus Promend Treatment makes my hair healthier. My latest find L'Oreal Evercreme Cleansing Conditioner has really transformed my hair and transformed my hair routine. Read some amazon reviews if you don't believe me. This stuff is comparable to Wen but for so much less. I have been using the Cleansing Conditioner for the least amount of time of all of the products and have seen the most results from it. My frizz is.... GONE! I haven't used my straightener in so long. My hair is actually soft. If you get anything from this post Give the L'Oreal Evercreme Cleansing Conditioner a try. It does have a strong vanilla scent that some people express a dislike for in some reviews but I don't mind it. Since I began using it I have been using the three previous mentioned products less and less. I really haven't been this impressed with any product in quite some time.

I should probably mention that my hair is naturally thick, frizzy, and slightly wavy and years of dying and sometimes bleaching it has resulted in it just being unmanageable without using product. I cannot attest to how the Cleansing Conditioner would work of fine or curly hair.

Okay so I've probably rambled on about haircare enough for one post. 
Until Next Time,
-Reagan

2 comments:

  1. very nice, the L'Oreal Evercreme Cleansing Conditioner, need to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you definitely do! I highly recommend it :)

    ReplyDelete